Job Opening: Director of Child Development Center
Organization and Background
For more than 15 years, the Child Development Center (CDC) at Grace Celebration Lutheran Church has been open to children ages newborn to pre-kindergarten. At the Grace Celebration CDC, children are encouraged and inspired to develop their minds, bodies and spirits within a Christian environment. With a capacity for nearly 90 students, the Grace Celebration CDC consistently achieves the Three Star Rating from the Tennessee Department of Human Services, the highest rating possible. But that alone is not what makes this CDC special. As one parent notes, “What makes Grace so special from other child care centers in this community cannot be found in the descriptions of their curriculum or their daily activities. It’s the devoted, nurturing teachers who have taught all my children with loving hearts. It is this kind of Christian environment that has made the greatest influence on my girls.”
The CDC director reports directly to the pastor of Grace Celebration Lutheran Church who, in turn, reports to a four-member Board of Directors. The CDC director supervises a staff of up to 21 teachers, both full time and part time, and an assistant director.
The CDC director is responsible for all aspects of the CDC. These duties include, but are not limited to:
· Maintaining a positive, Christian environment for students, staff and parents.
· Develop, implement and assess curricula that are stimulating and age-appropriate for all students.
· Ensure a safe and comfortable working environment.
· Develop and maintain strong and positive working relationships with the students’ parents/guardians.
· Provide professional and spiritual growth opportunities for the staff.
· All human resource activities, such as; hiring, payroll, development and termination processes.
· Establish and maintain the CDC budget.
· Ensure the timely and accurate submission of all reports.
· Ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements.
· Develop and maintain excellent relationship between CDC and the church.
· 1 of the following:
High School Diploma or equivalent with a Child Development Associate credential or early Childhood Technical Certificate or equivalent and 7 years’ experience administering an early care and/or education program
Associates Degree in a relevant area and 4 years’ experience administering an early care and/or education program
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a relevant area and 2 years’ experience administering an early care and/or education program
· Four (4) years of full time group setting experience
· Managerial experience within a child development center environment.
· Operational skills, relationship skills and strategic thinking capabilities.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Windows 7© or higher and Microsoft Office© software
· Proven track record for leadership and resource management
· Member in good standing in a Christian Church.
· An active member in good standing of an LCMS congregation.
· Exceptional leadership and people management skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Proficiency in ProCare©
· Demonstrated ability to handle any crisis situation.
Compensation and benefits package is based on education and experience.